Talk

Advanced search

Ds1 being told to take stuff from the classroom

(18 Posts)
oops Mon 06-Oct-08 21:24:40

Message withdrawn

twocutedarlings Mon 06-Oct-08 21:31:02

your poor little man

I think i would go and have another chat with his teacher, dont worry about being a pain. Things dont sound right atall to me, is he getting any help with his social skills?

oops Mon 06-Oct-08 21:36:10

Message withdrawn

LackaDAISYcal Mon 06-Oct-08 21:46:12

I think he's being picked on a bit because of his wee bit eccentricity sad

I would go to see the teacher again or even better the head teacher and voice your concerns and nip it in the bud.

We have been in to see our headteacher today as there have been some worrying goings on involving our DS with similar toilet door busting antics and egging him on to do stuff that he doesn't want to do. I feel so much better for having the chat with the head and knowing that our concerns have been taken seriously.

Our school also has a buddy system in place where the younger kids are buddied up with year 6 kid who they can go to for support if they are being unfairly treated and they have a bus stop bench where they can sit if there is no-one to play with and someone will come along.

but, on the other hand, DS has equally said no-one plays with him, but he has just meant that playtime, but to hear his rendition of it, it's all the time. We have asked at school though and he is always running around with someone. If he has had a bad day, it tends to colour his entire viewpoint of school.

twocutedarlings Mon 06-Oct-08 21:48:24

I know only to well how difficult it is to hear your child say that sad my DD1 is just 6 and also in YR1 and has AS, and she rarely plays with anyone at school. It breaks my heart sad, however on the whole she is more than happy to play soilitary.

Is your DS happy playing alone?

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 03:44:21

Message withdrawn

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 08:42:55

Message withdrawn

Bridie3 Tue 07-Oct-08 08:44:27

You're right to go and see his teacher.

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 08:49:47

Message withdrawn

Bridie3 Tue 07-Oct-08 08:53:25

Sounds like he needs some support.

My son was prone to being picked on when he was first in school. He's fine now. These things can be turned round and the earlier you intervene the better.

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 09:33:51

Message withdrawn

twocutedarlings Tue 07-Oct-08 09:55:01

Morning oops,

Did you manage to have a chat with DS teacher?

please forgive me and correct me if im wrong but am i right in saying that your son has been assessed for ASD, i seem to think that our paths have crossed before smile.

Is he still with the same teacher this year?

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 11:07:09

Message withdrawn

twocutedarlings Tue 07-Oct-08 11:23:46

Just my opinion oops, but i think that the fact that he is now in a new classroom, a new teacher, new TA and probably a new classroom routine is probably at this point enough for him to take on board, afterall is takes most children at least a half a term to adjust, so at this point i wouldnt worry about him not playing with the other DCs while ever he is happy.

Sorry ive just spotted the time shock and i need to pick DD2 up from pre school.....i will be back!! grin

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 11:29:01

Message withdrawn

twocutedarlings Tue 07-Oct-08 12:58:15

IKWYM about seeing the teacher all the time, i always feel them same, however i think you have valid reasons to tbh.

As regards these 2 girls, i does seem like they are taking advantage of your DS passive nature, some girls at this age can be really mean at times. DD wont even bother with the girls tbh....they are far to complexed LOL grin.

I think your doing the right thing, in nipping it in the bud early doors.

oops Tue 07-Oct-08 16:02:24

Message withdrawn

Bridie3 Wed 08-Oct-08 08:30:18

I'm glad you feel happier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now