Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Websites to help with maths (yr 2)?

(14 Posts)
Smithagain Sun 05-Oct-08 20:29:36

DD1's maths homework at the moment is all about memorising key maths facts. So last week we had number bonds, this week it's doubles. She's also starting on times tables.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a fun website that she can play on to help her remember. She's a very visual learner and I think some sort of game will help.

I know about Rainforest Maths, but have just discovered it's been temporarily taken down - don't know how long for.

chatee Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:57

bbc bitesize , my dd has spent about an hour on the site this sfternoon

cat64 Sun 05-Oct-08 20:49:50

Message withdrawn

Feenie Sun 05-Oct-08 21:00:57

I used this one all the time with my Y2s last year; all the Y2 objectives are covered and there are def a couple of nice doubles games, I know.

www.ictgames.com

LittleMissTickles Sun 05-Oct-08 21:08:47

This sounds like a good idea, thank you!

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 05-Oct-08 21:25:32

Very useful thread, thanks.

My yr ds enjoys doing times tables on this site

here

KateF Sun 05-Oct-08 21:28:53

Just found one called maths is fun which my Yr3 (but struggling)dd2 has been playing on all afternoon.

Hulababy Sun 05-Oct-08 21:29:41

topmarks.co.uk - has links to some fab games. DD, also Y2, really enjoys this site.

mysonsmummy Mon 06-Oct-08 08:14:40

this if fantastic thanks - ds 6 is really strugglilng and ive been doing as much as i can with him now.

are there any for literacy as well - i know alot of his is actual writing but if can get him interested in a couple of these site it will really help.

thanks again

brimfull Mon 06-Oct-08 08:36:19

www.educationcity.com
ds's school pays for the subscription but I think you can get a free months trial
it's brilliant

Smithagain Mon 06-Oct-08 10:27:59

Wow - what a great response. Thanks everyone!

Now I will see if I can persuade DD to play computer games as part of her homework. Hmmm - don't think that will be too hard grin

RubberDuck Mon 06-Oct-08 12:54:28

One of cat64s links (multiplication.com) had an advert for this, which I've just downloaded and tried out Timez Attack - free version teaches all the times tables from 2s to 12s... paid for version gives you more worlds to explore. It looks awesome - it's a proper game not just a flash doobrey.

If ds1 likes it, I'm seriously considering buying the full version, just to support them giving it out for free.

nix66 Mon 06-Oct-08 14:38:55

Thanx for the link RD, have downloaded it can't wait for my DD to come home and try it!smile

RubberDuck Mon 06-Oct-08 16:59:26

Ds1 tried it and loved - I've bought it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now