Talk

Advanced search

Just back from a fab trip with DS's school.

(4 Posts)
Buda Wed 24-Sep-08 11:31:45

He is in Yr 3 and they are doing the Romans as a topic for this term. We are very lucky here in Budapest to have some fab Roman ruins less than 20 mins from school so they always do a trip there when doing the Romans.

Some of the teachers dressed up - we had a nobleman and his slave, a Roman Emperor and Queen Boudicca, a market stall holder with foods from the time and a gladiator fight. The teachers were fab. Really entered into the spirit of it all. Esp the nobleman! All the children ended up hating him and feeling really sorry for his slave!

The market trader was a mum and she was 'selling' bread, feta cheese, olives, figs and honey.

It was brilliant. VERY far removed from my school days I can tell you!

Buda Wed 24-Sep-08 12:57:26

Not as much fun as Postman on a trike and Return to Sender then?

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 12:58:53

That sounds great, my DD would love that.

<<snigger at postman on a trike reference>>

Idobelieveinfairies Wed 24-Sep-08 13:00:39

That sounds fab.....it's amazing how much more they will learn from making it a bit fun for the children.

At DC school they learn about tudors..i think it is in year 4? anyhow they all dress up as either rich or poor tudors and have the food etc going on, mine really loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now