Talk

Advanced search

I am not happy unless worrying - newly enthusiastic YR3er

(5 Posts)
niceglasses Mon 22-Sep-08 12:28:21

My ds1 (7) has a new found enthusiasm for homework and writing since joining y3 couple of weeks ago. His writing (previously terrible and brought him right down in SATs) has improved 100 per cent. He is taking his time, forming his letters. He actively ASKS to do his homework - little bits of numeracy etc.

Of course we are delighted. BUT how do we keep it up? I'm very worried he will become dis-interested again as quick as this new found interest.

I know this is a nice problem to have (and one I never thought I would - very typicaly little boy) but how do I keep him going??

avenanap Mon 22-Sep-08 12:29:33

Lots of praise and lots of stickers.

Soapbox Mon 22-Sep-08 12:31:02

Reward and praise.

'I can't help but notice how much effort you are putting into your school work this year - mummy and daddy are sooooo pleased - we wondered if there was something nice you would like to do as a little reward for such hard work' - then have a list of 2 or 3 treats that you know he would love for him to choose from.

avenanap Mon 22-Sep-08 12:32:05

I do 'did your teacher write that?' ds likes this.

niceglasses Mon 22-Sep-08 13:44:10

Thanks folks - like them all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now