Talk

Advanced search

Reception class photo

(12 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 19-Sep-08 18:09:44

DS1 has just had his individual photo done but not a class one. Do they not have class photos in reception or does it get taken later in the year?

nametaken Fri 19-Sep-08 18:10:55

it varies according to the school I think.

I've only ever had 1 class photo, the rest were individual.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 18:12:22

last year we had individual ones in Oct, then class ones in Jun.

Bumblelion Fri 19-Sep-08 18:12:38

At my children's school, mainly primary, they have an individual photo taken in September/October and a class photo taken at Easter.

This happens until Year 6 before they go into high school. Once in high school, in our area, they have an individual and class photo in year 7 and one more in year 10.

Hulababy Fri 19-Sep-08 18:13:43

DD's school have a class photo done once a year, but it is not done at the same time as the individual ones.

At her school they do individual ones in the winter and then they do the group ones, taken outside int he summer.

Smithagain Fri 19-Sep-08 18:44:57

We have individual photos in Sept and class photos at the end of the summer term.

KeelhaulCalifrau Fri 19-Sep-08 18:51:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hopelesshousewife Fri 19-Sep-08 19:04:29

We also have individuals in Ocober, class in June - think its so they might have some sunshine - not this year tho!

andyrobo237 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:06:05

We are the same - individual ones in Oct and class ones in June - I do wish it was the other way round, as then they would have the class one for all the year, but then again grandparents are clamouring for the individual ones as soon as they are back in school! And they are very expensive in my opinion - £9.50 was the cheapest pack last year! Would love to know how much of that goes to the school funds...

kittybrown Fri 19-Sep-08 20:19:31

The class ones mainly get taken in the summer term, as many schools have a 3 intakes.

angrypixie Fri 19-Sep-08 20:58:16

Individuals taken Autumn term so that people buy lots to put into christmas cards to maiden Aunts, Grannies etc

Class photos taken in Summer term as a reminder of teacher etc before moving on up

(as a general rule)

Madsometimes Sat 20-Sep-08 12:27:49

In our school class photos are taken in reception, year 3 and year 6. Otherwise it is just individual photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now