Talk

Advanced search

School trips - year 2

(7 Posts)
lucy01 Thu 18-Sep-08 17:50:35

I am trying to ascertain how many school trips children at different schools have. DD1 is in year 2 at a private school in london and they are going on a trip next term and one in the summer term. Given that they only have 45 in the year (split over 3 classes), a bunch of enthausatic parents and all the amenities of london on their doorstep am I being unreasonable to think that at least one trip a term would be expected.

I would be grateful if you could let me know how many trips your child goes on and what your schools' attitude towards trips. I am going to see the head and would like some info before I discuss this further.

Thanks

Smithagain Thu 18-Sep-08 17:54:40

We only have one "significant" trip per year - at the end of the summer term. They have three or four local trips within the town - such as traffic surveys, visit to local church etc.

But that is state, not private.

DD1's best friend is at a private school and appears to do three or four decent trips out.

LIZS Thu 18-Sep-08 17:57:03

dd went on two I think - a theatre trip and to a RHS garden. They also had groups come to them to do a historical themed day, an author visit, maths/science event and field studies in the grounds.

sinclair Thu 18-Sep-08 18:11:55

At least one a term, sometimes two. They have done BBC, theatre, National Gallery etc - we are in London tho so plenty of scope, and a lot of attractions are free of course. I'm not counting the walk round the area / traffic surveys etc that they also do. At end of Y6 they usually do a fun theme park one too.

I would like to see even more as my kids love them - tho that is the packed lunch as much as anything!

Littlefish Thu 18-Sep-08 18:12:50

We are encouraged to do either a trip out, or have visitors in at least once per half term. However, we have no budget for them, and are in a very deprived area, so parents can't afford to pay for them. We therefore get creative, and visit Sainsbury's the woods, places of worship, the nearby horticultural college etc.

islandofsodor Thu 18-Sep-08 18:23:21

Ours usually have a spring and suumer trip only as the autumn term is very busy with Christmas concerts/plays etc. Last year though they did take them all to the panto but we had to pay extra. Trips are usually included in the fees for us.

Also there may not be time to CRB all these "enthusiastic parents"

newgirl Fri 19-Sep-08 12:44:25

one a term at ours - a church/castle, animal park, art gallery

but i am feeling terrible because we have booked one day off school at half term as we will be away and it is the day of the trip... what are the chances..?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now