Talk

Advanced search

I want to speak to DSs teacher......

(19 Posts)
LynetteScavo Wed 17-Sep-08 14:44:23

So I phoned the school and asked if his teacher could call me on my mobile.

Should I expect her to call me, or am I expecting to much parental pampering?

Saturn74 Wed 17-Sep-08 14:45:27

I think it's fine to ask your child's teacher to call you.

LynetteScavo Wed 17-Sep-08 14:47:59

Oh forgot to metnion I phoned the school yesterday morning. DS is obviously unhappy about something, I just wanted to check with teacher he isnt' weeping all day at school, like he is at home.

angrypixie Wed 17-Sep-08 18:36:50

I would phone if I got this message - but not until lunch time (I wouldn't leave my class to call)

She should have phoned within 24 hours but the sch office isn't always brilliant at passing on messages. Note in the book bag?

Blandmum Wed 17-Sep-08 18:39:42

It is fine to ask for a phone call, but you may well have a wait a little while, as it is tough to call people during that day as you are so busy.

I have been unable to speak to my solicitor, the undertaker, and the woman in charge of my school fees for over 2 weeks as I just haven't had a minute to ring them during the school day!

I expect she'll get back to you sooner than 2 weeks smile, i would if it was a parent, but teachers don't have much spare time in the day as a rule

LynetteScavo Wed 17-Sep-08 19:03:42

I went into school and jumped on her (not literally) and managed to have a full on consultation. There was even talk of home work shock (somthing quite alien to DSs Y5 class grin)

Anyway, that'll teach her not to get back to me. wink

clam Wed 17-Sep-08 20:11:46

Although, our Head is currently getting very twitchy about the costs of calling parents on mobiles. Much more than landline, apparently...

cornsilk Wed 17-Sep-08 20:14:38

Is your ds going into school okay this year Lynette?

Blandmum Fri 19-Sep-08 17:25:50

The phone in our department will not let us phone a mobile number

nametaken Fri 19-Sep-08 18:28:00

Well if schools don't let their teaching staff ring a mobile, then the teacher is gonna have to ring the parents later on in the evening and I'm sure the teacher or schools wouldn't want that either.

MB - if a child is vomiting everywhere and needs to be collected does the school let you ring a mobile phone then? wink

It's fine to ask provided

1. You ask politely, not demand
2. You're prepared to wait. You couldn't expect the teacher to leave the children just to phone you back for example.

Blandmum Fri 19-Sep-08 18:31:59

Our department doen't have a phone that will connect to a mobile. The school nurse and the office can and do contact mobile phones.

But the restriction on our dept means that If I only have 5-10 minutes I can't ring a mobile, as I'd have to walk to the other side of the school and back again, as well as make the call

SqueakyPop Fri 19-Sep-08 18:35:45

I'm always willing to telephone parents.

Blandmum Fri 19-Sep-08 18:37:52

I've phoned parents from home in the past, as I just don't have time to ring a mobile in the day (because of the problems with getting connected)

never had any refunds, or for that matter any thanks for phoning on my time and my phone bill. never mind eh? smile

LynetteScavo Fri 19-Sep-08 18:40:44

Thanks for asking cornsilk. We've had no problems with going to school this year. smile Touch wood!!! He seems to really like his new teacher.

How is your DS doping?

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 18:41:07

Message withdrawn

Blandmum Fri 19-Sep-08 18:42:26

I have one, but annoyingly I can't access it from home, which is a bit of a PITA.

you still teaching fish face?

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 18:43:08

Message withdrawn

Blandmum Fri 19-Sep-08 18:43:41

was the last lot a mattie cover?

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 22:01:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now