Talk

Advanced search

You know how you get loads of letters home in the books bag

(11 Posts)
compo Wed 10-Sep-08 12:20:57

asking various things
Well one is a form for afterschool club

if I fill it in and leave it in the book bag will it get looked out or did I need to hand it in to school secretary?

I know it is different in every school but thought I'd ask you wise ones

ForeverOptimistic Wed 10-Sep-08 12:22:11

Hand it in to the school office.

FioFio Wed 10-Sep-08 12:23:31

Message withdrawn

Seeline Wed 10-Sep-08 12:28:30

Fill it in and hand it into the office. At our school every class has a plastic box that you can put letters in each day and this is then taken to hte office with the register each morning. It saves queuing endlessly to try and get to the frazzled school secretary!!

frankbestfriend Wed 10-Sep-08 12:28:46

Fill it in, show your dc and remind them to give it to the teacher, then put it in the book bag. Remind them just before they go in, though, or they will forget.

Think it is good to get them to take a bit of responsibility for these sorts of things, as when they get to year 1/2/3 they will be expected to remember their own belongings/homework etc.

I'm sure the teacher will direct the form to the correct department.

Hulababy Wed 10-Sep-08 12:30:26

We have a message folder, so it would go in there.

If nt, hand to teacher in a morning.

compo Wed 10-Sep-08 12:43:46

ooh lots of replies, thanks everyone smile

Smithagain Wed 10-Sep-08 13:17:36

In Reception, I handed anything vital into the office myself, but gave DD responsibility for things that weren't quite so urgent. Now (yr 2) it's her job, but I still have to make sure I've shown her what needs to go where.

OrmIrian Wed 10-Sep-08 13:19:32

Hand it in. Or place it firmly in child's hand as the bell goes with strict instructions to give it to the teacher. Never, ever leave something in a school bag - well not until they are about 10 and only then if you have told them it's there about 20 times. Even then I'd be doubtful hmm

JodieG1 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:20:39

We leave ours in the book bags, the teachers check them during the day.

Romy7 Wed 10-Sep-08 17:41:31

book bags don't get checked here - you have to leave it in the postbox outside the office. i think a call to te secretary asking what the procedure is might be a good idea!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now