Talk

Advanced search

well...our move from tiny village primary to larger town junior....

(6 Posts)
ingles2 Fri 05-Sep-08 19:15:44

has gone really well so far grin.....
DS1(yr 4) is LOVING it all ready,...much more challenging work, lovely teacher, more boys for football smile
DS2 s seems very happy over all and can't wait to tell us what he's done but very quiet in school and hasn't really talked to anyone yet. Teacher called us over for a chat and we discussed plans for Monday to help him make some friends.
Am really really, pleased. I'm sure there are wobbly times ahead but feel confident already we made the right decision.
Can't quite believe how organised everything is grin
So to anyone thinking about a school move (and believe me we agonised for ages) Go for it! I wish we'd done this earlier!

believeintheboogie Fri 05-Sep-08 19:19:02

Aww Im glad its going well for your DC, my dd did the same and is actually doing much better socially and academically at the (on paper) poor performing large town school than she did at the tiny village outstanding ofsted and sats school, go figure

ingles2 Fri 05-Sep-08 19:40:33

Thanks boogie.....grin

scarletlilybug Sat 06-Sep-08 13:51:41

Glad things are going well for you.
My daughter moved school over the summer, too ... in fact, I think you posted on my thread when I was deliberating about all this. I know it's early days yet, but so far things seem to be going really well and she's much happier. In fact, she was much happier all through the summer, knowing she wouldn't have to go back to her old school. I'm glad we did it.

ingles2 Sat 06-Sep-08 14:25:10

Thanks ScarletLilyBug smile... I'm remember your posts and am really pleased your dd is happy.
My ds's were never really unhappy in their last school, it was quite good socially but very poor academically. So I've had a few tears over the summer about leaving friends behind. I'm making a real effort to make sure they still have contact at the moment and we'll see what happens. Neither can believe the amount of facilities, clubs etc at school, they've been bubbling over to tell me everything at the end of the day grin
And.. I just didn't realise how bad communication was at our last school. Now we've got homework diarys and reading records, and timetables and curriculum letters and....... so much! All we've had before is a reading record book that no one ever looked at! A steep learning curve for both the boys and myself grin

roisin Sat 06-Sep-08 14:50:09

Great news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now