Talk

Advanced search

*ds1 starting school...burst into tears in the car and said he never wanted to leave me!*

(7 Posts)
Chuffinknackered Wed 03-Sep-08 21:13:28

DS1 starts school next thur. We were in the car on holiday and he asked about why I chose DH to be my husband. We chatted a bit and then he asked why DH and myself didn't stay with our mummys. I said we chose to live with each other instead of our mums and dads. He paused for about thirty seconds and then burst into tears crying that he didn't ever want to leave me. Had to climb into the back to calm him down. Had me in floods too although U tried to temper it for his sake.
He's a bit clingy now and struggled to settle into nursery. Can't stop thinking about what he said and welling up!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 03-Sep-08 21:59:42

its a tough transition for both of you and hes clearly thinking it through. It'll be ok, just keep talking up the advantages and make sure you've a friend to see on the day.

Chuffinknackered Sat 06-Sep-08 22:43:22

Thanks. Can't spend the day with a friend though as DS2 starts pre-school for the first time in the morning too! Will be busy though anyway because DS1 put his teeth through his lip last night and has to have the stitches out the morning before he starts in the afternoon!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 06-Sep-08 22:56:43

oh dear - what a combination for you perhaps plan something nice for all of you to do on the saturday?

Grumpalina Sat 06-Sep-08 23:08:01

I think maybe it's something they all go through??? When my DS1 was about 5 we ended up in conversation where I said that one day when he was older he would leave home to go to university, get married etc etc. he got very upset saying he never wanted to leave home and would never leave me. It obviously played on his mind becuase he brought it up again a few days later with DP (who was wondering why I was trying to get our 5 year old to leave home and get married!!!).

It's just because they love us!!

bluesushicat Mon 08-Sep-08 20:11:36

I agree with grumpalina - i have 2 ds's and both have done/said the same! I just say that they can stay as long as they want to grin.

Doodle2U Mon 08-Sep-08 20:14:30

Ditto Grumpalina - I could have written her post!

Just wait til he gets to grips with the concept of death...man, that's a conversation that comes up again and again and again and again...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now