Talk

Advanced search

PFB starts reception tomorrow - am feeling wobbly but sure it is down to pregnancy hormones!!!!

(9 Posts)
Dozymare Wed 03-Sep-08 19:50:05

I have just pressed his uniform and it's hanging in front of me with his little wee blazer and shoes all ready to be scuffed!

It just feels to me as if it is such a huge step - how he settles and gets on will eventually help to shape him into the man he will become. Incidentally, he has been a little tyke this past week and is so READY to go but I just feel as if he is growing up so quickly and it only seems like yesterday he was a babe in arms!!

Is this normal mum feelings, or 30 week hormonal charged feelings grin grin

moosemama Thu 04-Sep-08 13:19:40

Its perfectly normal to feel like this, I was with DS1. DS2 started reception yesterday and even though he is only doing half days this week I still had to swallow the lump in my throat and fight the tears back. (Mind you am 23 wks preg myself, so hormones could be making me worse too.)

God knows what I'll be like when he goes full time on Monday!

Spent the last weekend feeling like I was desperate to get them in school for a break, but then when it came to it I felt so sad for both of them (they on the other hand couldn't wait to get there hmm ).

Didn't help that DS1 (6 yr old) decided to pull the old imaginary tummy ache and feeling sick this morning. (Don't think he likes his new teacher much.) He was the same last year but ended up adoring his teacher so I know it will pass, but still feel like I just want to hug him tight and make it better.

My usual thing is to keep really, really busy for the first week and after that things seem a lot easier.

JiminyCricket Thu 11-Sep-08 15:30:19

I thought I wouldn't bat an eyelid - well, maybe a little tear on the first day - but actually it has been really overwhelming and hard. I keep bursting into tears for no reason. Well, I have twice anyway. Everyone at work thinks I am losing it.

littlestrawberry Thu 11-Sep-08 16:45:29

My youngest starts on Monday. I'm completely traumatised.

He was only 4 in july, he's my baby and he so doesn't seem big enough to be going to school.

Your feelings are so normal. It is hard but it gets easier. When my eldest started I was in a state of anxiety for the first few weeks, he had a few problems settling but after that it was fine.

I'm a big time worrierblush

funnypeculiar Thu 11-Sep-08 16:48:38

Mine starts on Tuesday. I am in complete denial (to the extent of not having sewn in many name tapes blush grin

Seeline Thu 11-Sep-08 16:49:00

Mine started this afternoon - she was only 4 in July too and is very small (age 3 uniform is still big on her). She was fine - I'm not sure that she understands she's got to go again tomorrow! I was OK until I saw her in her uniform!

Anna8888 Thu 11-Sep-08 16:51:24

LOL Seeline.

My elder stepson, on being awakened on his second day ever of school, said "But why I am going to school again today? I went yesterday."

littlestrawberry Fri 12-Sep-08 07:59:43

LOL Anna,

That was me last yearblush

I got so stressed about DS1's first day and was so pleased when it was over....for about 5 minutes. Then I realised we had to do it all again tommorrowgrin

Elibean Fri 12-Sep-08 09:42:41

Not pg, can relate!

And I think most of what I've felt this week is a version of what dd's feeling too - so its helped me understand her turmoil and after-school antics hmm

Today I'm feeling 'phew, its Friday, we can relax' and am in total denial that it all goes on again next week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now