Talk

Advanced search

Where are my name labels?

(10 Posts)
islandofsodor Tue 02-Sep-08 23:02:25

I got them out of the box I have kept them in this evening. Took them downstairs with a pile of clothes. Went to get the needle and thread. Went into kitchen, answered a phone call, dh came in I took something into the office.

Sat down to start sewing. Labels nowhere to be found.

I've checked the living room, my bedroom, the bathroom, the office, everywhere I've been.

I hope they don't have a label inspection tomorrow at school. Poor ds has the name of another girl in his fleece and blazer still.

dilemma456 Wed 03-Sep-08 08:57:39

Message withdrawn

islandofsodor Wed 03-Sep-08 22:15:50

No, they are still missing. I unpicked the nametapes on ds's swop shop clothes and just wrote in black biro on the labels. Dd's new PE T-shirt is unlabelled still as I found a fault on it, took it back today but they have got to order her size so gave me the faulty one back to wear in the meantime.

It's really bugging me as to where they are.

DontCallMeBaby Wed 03-Sep-08 22:43:09

They've eloped with my reel of whtie cotton, which is equally inexplicably missing.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 03-Sep-08 22:46:52

lol i have lost my shoe labels. im too tired too look now though i suspect that they also re in a pile of clothes! ill look tommorrow

islandofsodor Thu 04-Sep-08 21:39:33

I found them. They were on ds's bedside toybox, next to the book we had read that night at bedtime.

DontCallMeBaby Thu 04-Sep-08 21:47:38

My cotton and Seashells' shoes labels not with them then? Damn. Still, on the bright side, DH found DD's school water bottle when it had gone missing after ONE day in school.

MsPontipine Fri 05-Sep-08 00:28:46

Oh god don't bother - I have beautiful embroidered name labels which I will rather sadly admit rather enjoy sewing into ds's new uniform (rather obsessively maybe!) and despite this, one brand new very clearly named school jumper has gone missing after two days

Also last term one brand new on and beautifully and clearly labeled polo shirt went missing at school never to be seen again.

Where where where do they go????????? Or worse - who's got them and wearing our lovely new carefully selected pieces? hmm

islandofsodor Fri 05-Sep-08 11:06:08

We have to label things. We get snotty notes if things are found not labelled. We even have to label them in specific places.

To be fair all missing items that have been labelled ahve turned up or been returned.

DontCallMeBaby Fri 05-Sep-08 14:48:25

Thread has turned up! DD has just bounced it out of the sofa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now