Talk

Advanced search

What activities/ things would you do with your dc to make the most of their last week before starting school?

(9 Posts)
AttillaTheHan Mon 01-Sep-08 21:52:52

That's it really. Ds starts school next monday and I want to make the best of his last week, any lovely suggestions welcome...
TIA

AttillaTheHan Mon 01-Sep-08 21:57:50

Anyone?

cheesychips Mon 01-Sep-08 21:59:33

How old?

onepieceoflollipop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:59:38

We are going to the Black Country museum with dd1. We have both taken the day off - the baby is going to nursery (on her usual day) so for dd1 it is a special "big girl's" day out.

I am also taking her shopping to buy packed lunch stuff for next week - that for her is a big treat!

choccypig Mon 01-Sep-08 22:01:02

Make the last few days really boring, then school will seem more fun.

AttillaTheHan Mon 01-Sep-08 22:01:27

He's 4.5, I've also got a 4 month old too. I was thinking of usual things that we enjoy such as feeding ducks etc. I just wondered if anyone had any specific things that they did or wish they'd done to make the most of the last week...

IWishIWasALittleBitTaller Mon 01-Sep-08 22:02:14

My DS starts on Weds full time, we have had today and tomorrow together (but have always had 2 days a week together anyway, at nursery the other 3 normally). I had planned a trip on the train to the seaside tomorrow (45 mins away) but the forecast is pants so I am not sure what to do - going to ask him in the morning.

Today we went to a soft play area (his choice) with a friend - a nightmare for me but he loved it. Then had tea at the pub (he loves going to the pub!).

I am trying not to go on about it being our "last" two days together before school but I am so sad that I won't really see him much for 5 days a week.

Maybe ask him what he wants to do each day or offer him a few lovely choices (swimming/soft play/lunch out).

I hope you have a lovely week and your DS enjoys school. smile

onepieceoflollipop Mon 01-Sep-08 22:03:12

Could you get someone to have the baby for even an hour or so and take him out for a special lunch? Older ones (ime) love that one to one time if you can possibly fit it in.

AttillaTheHan Mon 01-Sep-08 22:06:10

I might be able to get someone to look after dd so I can take him out on his own. I'd not thought of that - thanks onepieceoflollipop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now