Talk

Advanced search

PE kit question, boring sorry but my first time!!

(14 Posts)
IWishIWasALittleBitTaller Mon 01-Sep-08 20:57:46

Just been sorting DS's school stuff and ironing labels onto everything and when I bought his uniform I got a drawstring bag and book bag as they were on the list. I presume I take his empty book bag with him on his first day and his drawstring bag with sannies in, do I put his PE kit in the drawstring bag too or send him with another bag with PE kit in?!! How often do 4 year olds do PE?

Such a stupid question but I don't have a clue and its daft things like this that are keeping me awake at night!

I guess the PE kit sits on his peg til PE day but the sannies will be in and out of the bag several times a day, better to have two bags???

grin thanks

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 01-Sep-08 20:58:48

We had to buy a drawstring bag for PE kit, surely you'll send his sarnies in a lunchbox or coolbag?

ChippyMinton Mon 01-Sep-08 20:59:18

what are sannies?? plimsols? sandwiches?

WilfSell Mon 01-Sep-08 20:59:25

if sannies are plimsolls, put em in a smaller bag (they often come with one?) inside the drawstring bag with the kit in...

And why would plimsolls be in and out several times a day?

MingMingtheWonderPet Mon 01-Sep-08 21:00:23

I would say better to have two bags.
DS has a book bag, lunch box and a drawstring bag as a pe bag. PE bag comes home every half term for a wash, other than that it stays at school.

tiggerlovestobounce Mon 01-Sep-08 21:00:41

My DD has a school bag and a drwstring bag for PE kit. On the first day she went in with PE kit in drawstring bag, inside school bag. She took it out and hung it on her peg, as there it stays, except from when I make her bring it home so I can wash it.

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:00:58

PE bag for PE kit, not sandwiches.

Sandwiches in a lunchbox.

Books in a book bag.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

ChippyMinton Mon 01-Sep-08 21:01:47

In my DCs' school the plimsols go on a trolley - they wear plimsols indoors so do change them several times a day.
PE shorts and tshirt go in drawstring bag on peg. And get sent home at half term for washing.

mankyscotslass Mon 01-Sep-08 21:03:30

Sannies is plimsolls or pumps! At least they were in our school. I would stick the PE kit in with them I think! Not heard that in yonks!!!

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 01-Sep-08 21:05:30

Oh I see grin
Well, ours only use the plimsolls for PE, if yours are having to wear them whenever they are inside then they won't need to go in his PE bag, they'll keep them in the classroom or by the coat pegs I'd think

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:06:12

My dad, aged 78, would refer to sand shoes. When it came down to my generation, we called them gym shoes.

Do people really call them sand shoes, or sannies, nowadays? If there were a lack of context, I would imagine they were talking about sanitary protection shock

mankyscotslass Mon 01-Sep-08 21:09:15

Well, I'm not that decrepit ancient...this was in 1970/1980's renfrewshire! Maybe it's more a regional thing?

IWishIWasALittleBitTaller Mon 01-Sep-08 21:09:45

grin Sorry I am being too northern!! I do mean plimsolls - never said that word before!!!

I am not even thinking about what he is going to have his lunch in yet as he has to come home for lunch for 2 weeks!

He will be taking his plimsolls off a few times a day as they wear them in school but I guess change into outdoor shoes at play time. Maybe as ChippyMinton said there will be a shelf for them anyway, I am worrying about things too much I think!!

Right, drawstring bag with PE kit and plimsolls on top!! Sorted. Thanks!

And sorry for the confusion, where I live they are ALWAYS called sannies ha ha!

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:11:20

1970s Edinburgh/East Lothian definitely gym shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now