Talk

Advanced search

School suggest Reception starters go home for lunch but...

(4 Posts)
Berrie Sat 30-Aug-08 09:27:00

I've brought ds home for lunch on his first 2 days but he had to be dragged off me on the second day and it's hard to go through that twice a day. Also I worry about him being left out of the group of boys as he is already on the outside. On the other hand a long lunch hour in a big playground might be hard for him at this point.
The school say it's up to us though they suggest they go home to start with. I'm not sure how much of this is for the child's benfit and how much is the hassle of helping little ones with lunch boxes etc all at once.

What would you do?

SlartyBartFast Sat 30-Aug-08 09:30:11

and then back to school shock

that's a bit much isnt it?

lilolilmanchester Sat 30-Aug-08 09:31:57

if you work, you couldn't do it. At our school, hardly anyone goes home for lunch and it certainly doesn't seem to be encouraged (unless it's changed since mine were in reception). If they all stayed, they'd be a larger group in the playground so wouldn't be quite so intimidating. I find the school's approach very odd TBH

Berrie Sat 30-Aug-08 12:55:26

Thanks both of you. I do get the impression that it is for their benefit rather than the childrens. He was already asking why he had to go back to school, moaning about how hard it was having to do what the teachers said all the time, having to do WORK and that he had to go EVERY day! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now