Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for school shoe labels ?

(17 Posts)
Kate161203 Fri 29-Aug-08 21:46:12

Rather than buying shoe labels for DS shoes via the internet stores, does anyone have suggestions for what sticks on and stays on best. Also, so far I only have some iron-on labels for her clothes. Do I actually need any others?

Any advice would be great
Thanks

Sidge Fri 29-Aug-08 21:49:26

In my experience NO label stays in a shoe!

I now just write the initials inside with a permanent marker.

Bewilderbeast Fri 29-Aug-08 21:51:15

I got some good shoe labels from eazy to name (I think) they have a sticker with the name and then a hardwearing clear protector to go over the top.

WilfSell Fri 29-Aug-08 21:52:27

a biro

AMumInScotland Sat 30-Aug-08 10:56:56

I got ones like bewilderbeast describes - they stayed on fine. Can't remember the name though blush

lexcat Sat 30-Aug-08 11:55:42

I have a brother label maker and I use those for shoes. I find the best place is in the middle of the sole where the arch of the foot goes. Never had a problem with them coming away.

newpup Sat 30-Aug-08 12:02:10

I have tried a few different sorts but the only thing that stays is permanent marker!

PuppyMonkey Sat 30-Aug-08 12:03:09

Permanent marker

cherrylips Sat 30-Aug-08 12:07:46

DH sent off for shoe labels from Clarks. Have not tested them yet, coz ds starts school this September.

savoycabbage Sat 30-Aug-08 12:11:01

I got shoe labels from stuck on you here and they were great. In fact I have peeled them off old shoes before and stuck them in the new ones! They have a clear sticker over the label sticker which might help.

Seona1973 Sat 30-Aug-08 13:26:10

I got some fab and funky shoe labels from easy2name (you get a 10% mumsnet discount if you use them). They are still stuck down so far. You can also buy the bog standard stick on labels and clear shoe label covers from them if you want something cheaper.

Buda Sat 30-Aug-08 13:30:49

I have used the Stuck On You ones too for DS. Have been using them for 4 years and haven't had any come off yet.

2boys2 Sun 31-Aug-08 20:22:58

i use the clarks ones and have used them on other stuff too eg, ds lunchbox. never had a problem with them.

Kate161203 Mon 01-Sep-08 15:49:49

Many thanks for the suggestions. Muxch appreciated, Kate

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Mon 01-Sep-08 23:17:48

Dasco shoe labels or those from John Lewis are bomb-proof.

goldndiamonds Tue 02-Sep-08 12:51:42

Permanent marker. Or Tippex. Or those long plastic strips that go into the letter punch hand held gizmo that you cut off with a crunch from the gizmo (!!!!!!) anyway... peel off the strip covering the adhesive bit and stick onto the inside rim of the shoe just below the outside of the ankle! (I'm actually crying with laughter here at this description, but I hope you know what I mean - it worked a treat and didn't fall off and they're still holding their own on the inside of wellies too!).

goldndiamonds Tue 02-Sep-08 12:52:19

Permanent marker. Or Tippex. Or those long plastic strips that go into the letter punch hand held gizmo that you cut off with a crunch from the gizmo (!!!!!!) anyway... peel off the strip covering the adhesive bit and stick onto the inside rim of the shoe just below the outside of the ankle! (I'm actually crying with laughter here at this description, but I hope you know what I mean - it worked a treat and didn't fall off and they're still holding their own on the inside of wellies too!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now