Talk

Advanced search

Ds's teacher looks like a right pushover. How's he going to control a class of 20 boys? What should I do?

(16 Posts)
AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:41:05

grin

FluffyMummy123 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:41:33

Message withdrawn

SueW Wed 27-Aug-08 22:42:15

They are all intelligent and motivated

iirc Avena is sending her ds to single sex selective school

mehgalegs Wed 27-Aug-08 22:42:49

eh? Give him a chance. Class of 20? Piece of p**s grin

FluffyMummy123 Wed 27-Aug-08 22:42:59

Message withdrawn

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:44:04

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/2403/595153

Sorry. I'm feeling a bit mischivous tonight!

mehgalegs Wed 27-Aug-08 22:45:43

oh - you needed to be harsher.

Quattrocento Wed 27-Aug-08 22:46:11

What is the point of the thread? Are we supposed to congratulate you on your choice of schools or something?

What can you do? Nothing apart from change forms (which they will prob not let you do) or change schools.

Alternatively you could try shutting up and giving the poor bloke/woman a chance.

Blandmum Wed 27-Aug-08 22:46:58

You should have him tarred and feathered and run out of town ASAP wink

Pref being whipped until the blood runs and his wounds dressed with salt

Oh and report him to the LEA, the board of goveners and God ASAP.

No point is missing anything out.....

grin

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:47:08

hmm I can't. I don't have a harsh bone in my body. This is as harsh as I get.

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:48:21

The thread is a response to the link above. I like the bloke. ds doesn't start until tomorrow. smile

SueW Wed 27-Aug-08 22:51:07

Oh I always miss the other thread before I comment

I am at 'New Staff Induction Day' soon with DD's new teacher. I will be timing myself to see hwo long I can manage without saying 'Oh yes, you are DD's new teacher'. But then that seems dishonest too. I will prob just blurt out.

ghosty Wed 27-Aug-08 22:54:40

On my first day of my first teaching job some silly bint came in and said, "I didn't want you you know. You are only just qualified and very very young. How do you think you will cope? Charlotte is exceptionally bright you know ...."

Charlotte was 7 and I was 23. It was a private girls' school and I had a grand total of 17 children in my class. And Charlotte, although exceptionally bright, was also an exceptionally spoilt brat.

5 years later, at another school but in the same area, same mother marched in and said, "Thank God! I specifically asked for William to have you!" grin

Don't judge a book and all that ....

ghosty Wed 27-Aug-08 22:56:03

Doh ... should have read whole thread ...
<<gets coat for second time in as many days>>
blush

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:56:15

Lol! I shouldn't have started it at the moment given the current climate.

He goes back tomorrow, I can try and get a job sorted out now. I can't even remember what his teacher's called blush. I've just finished getting all his uniform, I couldn't get his tie until today as I didn't know what house he was in. I was shocked at the amount of parents getting their uniform when their children go back TOMORROW! They are always annoyed that the uniform shop doesn't have everythig they need. Doh!

AvenaLife Wed 27-Aug-08 22:58:04

That's really sweet ghosty. My best friends a teacher, she gets the parents trying to tell her not to have any more children so she won't take maternity leave whilst their children are in her class. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now