Talk

Advanced search

Battersea - Honeywell and Belleville

(9 Posts)
cheesychips Sat 23-Aug-08 21:07:25

Sorry to be so specific - realize this is a nationwide site but does anyone know anything of these 2 Battersea schools. Am in catchment for both - any personal experience?

mimsum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:46:43

neither Honeywell nor Belleville have catchment areas as such - they both go on distance from school and there have been years when kids at the far end of Honeywell road haven't got in

Honeywell does have very posh raffle prizes wink - it's considered a very sought-after school but there's a lot of tutoring going on from Y4 and above

friend of mine teaches at Belleville - he seems happy there, has been there a while - parents not quite so 'flash' as Honeywell

cheesychips Sat 23-Aug-08 21:57:09

Thanks - I believe in OFSTED terms that Belleville is 'outstanding' and Honeywell 'good' but Belleville seems sooo big. I wonder if anyone else has any experience.

TheBlonde Sun 24-Aug-08 16:34:55

I know people with kids at Belleville - they seem happy enough

Have you tried posting on the MN local boards?

cheesychips Sun 24-Aug-08 19:17:28

No, but good idea. Thanks

bikerunski Sat 30-Aug-08 15:54:48

I grew up in Battersea. Although I went to the French Lycee in South Ken, Honeywell was always the school, it think because it is smaller. But this was 25 years ago!

2littleterrors Fri 05-Sep-08 23:41:34

My 2 dc go to Belleville, and they are both really happy there. Belleville has more of a mix of cultures and backgrounds, whereas Honeywell children are from more middle class and wealthier backgrounds,not diverse culterally.
Academically they are both fantastic, put it this way my ds is in year1 but in reception the whole class had learnt how to read, now in year 1 they are all fluent readers. I can't speak for Honeywell but this is definately the case for Belleville. They even have workshops for the parents to attend to learn how read phonics with the children. Why don't you go along to their open days which are in November to get a feel for both.

2littleterrors Fri 05-Sep-08 23:43:51

In terms of size they are both the same, except Honeywell is split in 2 - infants and juniors, 2 different headmasters but the buildings share the same sight and playground.

angrypixie Fri 12-Sep-08 21:29:06

Agree with LittleTerrors. Belleville is very proactive in supporting the parents in supporting the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now