Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know the differences/similarities between Scottish P1 and English reception year?

(5 Posts)
mumoftwinz Thu 21-Aug-08 18:27:54

I know Im worrying early as my two have only just started school, but Im pretty sure we will have to move back to England at end of school year, so kids will have done P1 here in Scotland and then go onto P1 in England. Is the Scottish P1 the same as the English reception?

gomez Thu 21-Aug-08 18:29:55

No, we do more in Scotland I think as the children are older. Your children would be at an advantage which is always a good thing.

Seona1973 Thu 21-Aug-08 19:38:02

when do they start in England then as dd has started school this year and is only 4 (she will be 5 in November)

mumoftwinz Thu 21-Aug-08 19:40:08

In scotland they are minimum of 4 and half (as mine are) in England they are minimum 4. Which does seem young. On plus side mine would go from being youngest in year to being in the middle.

mrz Thu 21-Aug-08 19:43:27

The Scottish Curriculum for Excellence places P1 in the Early phase with very similar learning expectations to the English EYFS for reception children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now