Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find grey long sleeved school shirts online please?

(14 Posts)
NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 14:37:01

Tried M&S, John Lewis, BHS, etc. but can only seem to get white or blue. Debenhams have some - and in the sale - but only have one pack left in age 4, and I need 2 packs (4 shirts).

I hate trudging round the shops - especially for uniform - so wanted to buy online, but can't find anything. Even the uniform websites don't have grey.

JackieNo Tue 05-Aug-08 14:40:34

Possibly here (the white shirts come in a grey option), but they're all done by neck size, so maybe they're all too big for a 4-year old. You'll have to measure. (have linked to boys' stuff, but you didn't specify - is it for a DS or DD?)

NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 14:42:17

Sorry - ds. His neck is 10".

JackieNo Tue 05-Aug-08 14:43:35

Bother - looks like they start at 11"sad.

geogteach Tue 05-Aug-08 14:45:58

My sympathies, until this year john Lewis and M and S did them but everyone seems to have stopped doing grey. Some of the uniform shops do them (search grey school shirts) but they are way more expensive than the other sources.
We are a state primary, I don't think you can continue to justify a uniform that costs well above the norm but having said that the girls at our school wear a green and white check shirt and you can definately only get that at a uniform shop!

NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 14:52:31

I wouldn't object too much about getting it from the school's uniform shop (apart from the fact that they are hideously priced wink ) but for some stupid reason they don't do them small enough for my son (11" is the smallest there too).

Sidge Tue 05-Aug-08 14:58:36

They have them here but they also start at 11".

The other option is that you buy white ones in his size and use some Dylon machine dye to colour them grey.

NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 15:05:28

Sidge - according to their site, the 11" would probably fit him OK. But they don't have a photo of it, so I can't see if it's the "right" grey. The square of grey looks too light.

Oh this is frustrating. Even if I did go round the shops, I probably wouldn't find any!

Sidge Tue 05-Aug-08 15:06:52

Order them anyway and if it's the wrong grey you can send them back!

MrsWeasley Tue 05-Aug-08 15:10:05

Trutex do them
If you look at the size chart it says a 5 year old would be about a 11.5in collar.

I ordered from these last Friday and it all arrived today. No P&P charges.

NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 15:16:53

Lovely, lovely, lovely people at Debenhams found some from one of their stores and are sending them!

NoNickname Tue 05-Aug-08 15:18:42

(Thanks MrsWeasley - but he's a titch, so 11.5" would be enormous)

wheresthehamster Tue 05-Aug-08 15:19:47

They are on the M&S website from age 3 by the look of things

wheresthehamster Tue 05-Aug-08 15:21:02

Oh just spotted you're sorted!

Need another task to keep me from housework....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now