Talk

Advanced search

Can not sleep just had to get up scared I have made a terrible mistake

(6 Posts)
narkymum Tue 29-Jul-08 23:58:25

my dd has just left her primary school (only 3 classes in the woods, lovely) the next school on is not very pushy and she is very bright, and so we have decided not to send her to next school with all her friends. But to send her to a large school with good results and outstanding ofstead report.This means I will be moving ds from small school and putting him in same school as her. He has had the best year with a fab teacher but next two teachers are ok not great. I made some lovely friends there and could have kept him there with all his nice friends also next ds would start there in afew years too. when they went to the new school for a visit they loved it but when I picked them up I was shocked by the barren playground (think 1973) no trim trail no wooden pirate ship....... oh god what have I done ? I hope I havnt made a mistake, My dh says school is about education but new school seems all big and grey . I am proberly being stupid talk some sense to me please.

TwoBigNorks Wed 30-Jul-08 16:00:02

Dont worry, we worry and over think school and they just get on with it and have fun! They are very adaptable at that age. If it really does go pear shaped you could move them back again, but it will probably be fine.

piratecat Wed 30-Jul-08 16:02:32

what else was wrong tho, with the next school on, the one her friends have gone to.

GooseyLoosey Wed 30-Jul-08 16:04:20

Did you have a wooden priate ship in the playground as a child? Niether did I and I don't think I enjoyed playing any the less. My dcs' playground has all of these wonderful things and I notice that they seldom get used and are a reflection of what adults think children want rather than what they actually want themselves. If you and your children liked the feel of the new school, you have done the right thing.

narkymum Wed 30-Jul-08 17:31:57

Thank you now have thought rationally I am sure for education purpose`s Its the right thing. I was not happy with follow on school for dd they seem to let the kids do what they like. My first three went there and did not do that well I had to get them all home tutors. Although this other school is the other extreme. Also it is very religious, which is not a bad thing as it has strong family values which I like. Also has been rated as outstanding where as other school got satisfactory with measures to adhere to.

AbbeyA Thu 31-Jul-08 08:20:24

Don't worry, the important thing is that they loved it on the visit so feel positive. Just stay positive and supportive yourself and it should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now