Talk

Advanced search

Help - I've been asked to say a few words and present teacher with present but I'm rubbish at stuff like this ....

(8 Posts)
sandyballs Tue 22-Jul-08 11:59:25

...... I tried desperately to get out of it as I'm an avid blusher and it puts me off talking in large groups. What on earth do I say? I feel a bit wet getting worked up about this as I know it's only a bunch of mums I know and a lovely teacher sad. Just glad my DDs are a lot more confident than their mum.

Give me some ideas please of what I can say. I know my DD has had a fab year with this teacher, but can I presume that all have?

GooseyLoosey Tue 22-Jul-08 12:02:48

Say more or less what you have said here - you and some other mums wanted to give her/him something to show your appreciation for how fantastic they have been this year and what a great year they have given your children. Nothing else required.

DiscoDizzy Tue 22-Jul-08 12:06:34

Why do you have to say anything? Why not just give them their present. Do you need to hear them being grateful with their 'thank you' speech. I understand its not your idea/choice but seriously, DDs just gave their teacher their present and said thank you and I (at some other time) said thanks for all their help and that DD had enjoyed the year. Couldn't all your DC's do the same smile

Sparkler Tue 22-Jul-08 12:08:46

Don't worry about it - it will all come naturally. You are obviously genuinely pleased with your daughter's year in her class so just say how you feel. Just don't go on too much! smile Good Luck. x

sandyballs Tue 22-Jul-08 12:21:20

Thanks for replies - discodizzy, we had a collection from all the mums and dads in the class, so it is only one or two large presents, not individual ones from each kid, otherwise I would just give it in! Much easier.

I just know I'm going to blush and stutter and look a pratt, as well as feeling a bit emtional that my DDs are leaving infants, god knows what I'll be like when they're leaving primary school completely grin.

Sparkler Tue 22-Jul-08 15:11:15

So............how did it go? smile

sandyballs Tue 22-Jul-08 22:04:20

I turned up late, hoping they would have grabbed someone else to do the deed ..... yes i know, very wet!! But they were all waiting in the playground and we dashed in. i didn't really have time to get too nervous then so just said a few words, very few really, and shoved the flowers and card in her face, was very red though blush, really thought i would have grown out of that by now.

Sparkler Fri 25-Jul-08 13:21:44

smile - well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now