Talk

Advanced search

does anyone buy a present for head teacher ?

(12 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Sat 19-Jul-08 19:07:11

should I ? ds leaving this week for secondary - do heads get over looked /

Collision Sat 19-Jul-08 19:09:27

Definitely if he is leaving for secondary.

I often feel that the school receptionist and HT get missed out and the receptionist cried last year when I got her a present.

I have got the HT a bottle of red congratulating her on the Ofsted result we got this year and the receptionist will get homemade banana cake as she told me it was her favourite! grin

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 19-Jul-08 19:11:26

have a small thing and a card I could give her and maybe some chocs for the office ladies ?

RubyRioja Sat 19-Jul-08 19:13:05

yep

Collision Sat 19-Jul-08 19:13:27

brilliant! grin

I think that sometimes just what you write in the card can mean a lot to them....doesnt really matter what you buy.

seeker Sun 20-Jul-08 20:21:58

I was talking to our Head yesterday - he said the one bad thing about being Head is no box of presents at the end of the year! And he spent an hour in the stocks having wet sponges thrown at him at the Fair on Saturday!

StellaDallas Sun 20-Jul-08 21:09:16

I always get presents for the three school office staff and the head. They really appreciate it because nobody thinks of them and they do work incredibly hard to keep the school running smoothly.

MsPontipine Mon 21-Jul-08 23:59:45

I gave ds's head a small pack of fancy brownies and a kiss today. He seemed really surprised but I think he deserved them!

cat64 Tue 22-Jul-08 00:52:44

Message withdrawn

Califrau Tue 22-Jul-08 01:01:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

leosdad Tue 22-Jul-08 09:59:05

I would like to buy a pressie for DC's headteacher - possibly a book about how to find another job!!!

Zebraa Tue 22-Jul-08 10:20:46

As a teacher, I can assure you a card is plenty. Don't put yourself out, unless you want to. A token gift is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now