Advanced search

URGENT opinions needed on changing schools...

(5 Posts)
thefabfour Fri 18-Jul-08 13:57:25

My DS (6yo) is in one primary school. It our nearest school(but still drive as it is a 40 min walk), and very much a 'town' school in that it has no playing fields, only a yard and takes children from wide socio-ecomomic background. He is very, very happy at this school.

However, it does not have a nursery class and after school provision is very expensive. Previously I used a work nursery, however, after the suprise arrival of DC4, I moved DC2 to a school nursery class in another school.

DC2 school is 2 miles on the outside of town an d the parents are more middle class. It has an excellent OFsted rating and DC2 has progreesd very well. It has wrap-around-care available from when a child is two. DC3 is already in the day care part for 2 mornings and DC4 can go there in May 09. So, potentially I can go back to work.

The sticking points are:-

1. DC1 has become very upset since his settling in day last week at the new school and is having trouble sleeping. We have heard from his current school that he initally had problems settling there.

2. I will never be able to walk the children to their local school.

3. Our house is currently on the market and we would like to move back to where the local school is.


If i stick with the original school, I will have problems going back to work.

2. I will need to keep the two little ones in the school out of town until they reach school age as no provision at the local school.

So, should i move DC1 at the local school or DC2 at the out of town school?

thefabfour Fri 18-Jul-08 14:11:05

Please? anyone?

Need to make a decision by 3pm? Just wish I could stop being this indecisive!

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Fri 18-Jul-08 14:29:38

Move DC1 - it benefits more of your family and he will settle eventually!

RusselBrussel Fri 18-Jul-08 14:33:19

Move dc1, he will settle eventually and it will benefit your whole family.

thefabfour Sun 20-Jul-08 09:18:40

Thanks RB and QueenMofC. I have made the decision to move DC1- it dosen't make sense to continue as we are.

Just hope he settles and isn't too mad with megrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now