Talk

Advanced search

Victorian costume needed for tomorrow. Help please!

(8 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 14-Jul-08 13:55:51

DS#1 did tell me on Friday but as we were away all weekend it didn't help much. Suggestions please. And he can' be a chimney sweep either - needs to be posh child.

Help!

oggsfrog Mon 14-Jul-08 14:33:23

Try here for ideas.

MrsBadger Mon 14-Jul-08 14:39:52

have you one of last winter's baker boy caps?
white school shirt
either old trous cut off at mid calf or school trous tucked into long (footie/dd's) socks to look like knickerbockers
waistcoat if you have one

or a sailor suit - any navy top and trous and cut out a white paper sailor collar
or navy bottoms / white shirt and navy collar

collar pattern

soyabean Mon 14-Jul-08 14:40:05

Long shorts, shirt tucked in, grey socks, leather shoes, flat cap, waistcoat? Knitted jumper or tank top? Maybe all a bit hard to get together for tomorrow though...

MrsBadger Mon 14-Jul-08 14:41:16

not jumper/ tank top for Victorian
they only wore knitwear for sport

oggsfrog Mon 14-Jul-08 14:41:28

Knickerbockers seem to be the way to go. How old is ds?
Could you cut off a pair of old trousers and either tuck them into long socks, or hem them and add a few butttons at the sides?

More ideas here.

Think Oliver and Little Lord Fauntleroy smile

MrsBadger Mon 14-Jul-08 14:42:05

good sailor suit pic

OrmIrian Tue 15-Jul-08 01:12:09

Well it's 1 o'clock in the am and I am searching for bits for costume. I just heard Sailing By and the Shipping Forecast hmm. I don't do the wee small hours. But I have tummy ache and can't sleep and felt too rough last night to sort it out.

Thanks for all the advice. We have:

1 school shirt
1 pair of just under the knee trousers
1 flat cap sort of thing
and I hope we will have a waistcoat when DH wakes up in the morning as I don't know where it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now