Advanced search

it is easy to change schools in year 3

(16 Posts)
southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 15:57:42

? that's it really

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 17:12:26

anyone?

claricebeansmum Fri 11-Jul-08 17:15:01

Can't see why not. DD moved to new school in yr 3 and now we are moving them again sad I don't think it matters hugely until you get to the GCSE level and I think it is going to be nice haveing a new set of friends.

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 17:15:27

Is it because you're unhappy with the school SEA?

LIZS Fri 11-Jul-08 17:16:00

in year 3 or between year 2 and 3 ? In our area many schools are separate infant/juniors so you have to apply at each stage for a place in Reception, Year 3 and Year 7.

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 17:18:04

yes very unhappy, think it's my only option now

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 17:20:15

Have you been to see other schools?

Are there problems with his progress? I seem to remember talking about writing on another thread. Was that your DS?

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 17:21:45

yes his writing and reading is great now, but maths is pretty poor, (it's a long story!), but had a letter from the school today 18 teachers are leaving and they're cutting back on TA's.

A new head is meant to start in September but feel like i've had enough now.

SNoraWotzThat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:24:44

We worry far more than they do, I moved around a fair bit until secondary. I didn't like it much, but then that was how it was. It was OK. Nothing bad happened to me, school was school, I had good and bad days. Some nice teachers along the way. As long as I had mum and dad to come home to, that was all I wanted. Did I do well when I left? I think so.

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 17:27:53

18 teachers leaving? Bloomin' eck! How many are there?!

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 17:31:02

yep 18 (and lots have left already throughout the year), there's obviously something going on and cutting back on ta's obviously isn't good.

i'm wondering that's why he has had problems, the staff are there one minute then they leave really don't know what to do and can't talk to the school until monday.

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 18:18:23

and i have a feeling lots of parents will be moving them out, but to where? all the schools seem oversubscribed already

Janni Fri 11-Jul-08 18:22:49

DS2 moved school at the start of year and coped with quite a change of ethos. He was desperately unhappy to leave his old school, but within two weeks had settled, made friends and said he preferred his new school. Try to have a proper 'goodbye' at the old school. Our son seemed to really be able to let go once he'd been back and said goodbye properly.

Janni Fri 11-Jul-08 18:23:23

at the start of year 3, that should have said

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 18:36:59

do you just call the other schools and pray they have spaces?

bigTillyMint Fri 11-Jul-08 19:59:48

I'd say teacher's coming and going could have had a big effect on his learning. Will he be moving into Y3? That could be quite a good time to move as things can be a bit different in KS2 anyway.

Ring round any local schools asap, and get on waiting lists if they haven't got spaces.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now