Talk

Advanced search

So, DS doesn't know that KS1 SATs exist, and now we have his results...

(4 Posts)
TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 14:32:57

And they are pretty good.

So, do we say anything to him or not?

He genuinely has no idea that these things exist, much less that he has actually done them. Hurrah for the school of course, and quite as it should be.

We have told him how happy we are that he has got all As for effort on his report, and I really think he thinks that's all they report on.

Shall I just let him go on in blissful ignorance. I think I should. Or am I depriving him of some useful feedback hmm

foxinsocks Fri 11-Jul-08 14:34:42

I don't think they understand the results at that age anyway tbh (not in the way they are reported!)

witchandchips Fri 11-Jul-08 14:40:52

imo no, cos there might be a danger that he would start to think that parental approval and love would depend on things that he could not help (his natural appitude). I would keep it in reserve so that if he ever starts saying "i just can't do this" about a piece of homework later you can say something on the lines of "you can do anything you want, look what the teachers said about you when you wre 7"

TheFallenMadonna Fri 11-Jul-08 14:43:55

Excellent. That was my gut feeling. Effort is the way to go then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now