Talk

Advanced search

Teacher presents ideas anyone ?

(76 Posts)
Debris Wed 02-Jul-08 14:02:15

My dd1 is coming to the end of reception, would love some ideas for pressies for teachers and teaching assistants please, they have all been lovely to her and will be sad to say goodbye to them.sad

AMumInScotland Wed 02-Jul-08 17:07:23

Wine is generally well thought-of. Or nice chocolates. Or a hand-made card from dd.

AbbeyA Wed 02-Jul-08 17:20:47

A hand made card is lovely. Wine is good or flowers or plants.

Mutt Wed 02-Jul-08 17:21:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulababy Wed 02-Jul-08 17:22:38

Reckon I am going for wine this year for DD's teacher.

whatismyname Wed 02-Jul-08 17:23:07

We are clubbing together and getting vouchers

southeastastra Wed 02-Jul-08 17:23:38

i'm not getting them anything.

Purplepillow Wed 02-Jul-08 17:24:25

My dd usually makes her teacher a coaster for their coofee cup made out of hama beads and last year gave a coffee cup filled with chocolates as well grin

Nagapie Wed 02-Jul-08 17:26:17

second what's suggestion ....

scattyspice Wed 02-Jul-08 17:28:04

LOL mutt.

Are you a teacher?

Mutt Wed 02-Jul-08 18:07:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

indamb Wed 02-Jul-08 18:13:28

Last few years I have got bracelets for Teacher and TA.

Dorothy Perkins usually have them with 50% off, so sometimes spend less than a bottle of wine.

Martha200 Wed 02-Jul-08 18:30:30

Just a thought, at christmas ds1 teacher was given lots of chocolate.. I felt sorry for her (she was grateful though when presented with them) as I knew she had a dairy intolerance only due to my son having an intolerance too.. so something you don't ingest might be a good idea?

girlandboy Wed 02-Jul-08 18:32:41

I'm not getting the teacher anything this year! The teacher has been crap!!!

Previous years it has been choccies or posh biscuits.

muppetgirl Wed 02-Jul-08 18:35:41

I've made ds 1's lovely teacher a cushion with Miss * on it so she can have a comfy cushion on her chair. For the TA's I've made lavender hearts for their wardrobes/drawers. Had all the stuff at home, didn't cost a thing.

I made encouraged Ds to do a drawing so I could then make a card out of it.

Debris Wed 02-Jul-08 19:14:27

Thanks Ladies,keep em coming ! I made them nigellas choc and pistachio fudge at christmas time,then found out just before that 2 of them had severe nut allergies,whoops !Wine it was then ! Had put it in pretty bags with nice ribbon on and everything,tsk.

tissy Wed 02-Jul-08 19:18:39

one of these

You can get them in John Lewis- can't remember how much- less than a tenner!

MorocconOil Wed 02-Jul-08 19:20:59

I usually get them wine or chocolates.

DS2 has had his teacher for 2 consecutive years now. She's been brilliant and I'd like to get her something special. It's difficult when you don't know their tastes though. I've thought about a necklace/bracelet.

SquiffyHock Wed 02-Jul-08 19:25:49

When I was teaching all the male teachers got booze and the women got chocolates - would always prefer booze grin

No flowers though as lots of teachers go on holiday as soon as term ends!

I was going to suggest the fudge as that's what I did at Christmas too! No nut allergies as far as I know!

In nursery I have always given foodstuffs for the staff and then also a present for the nursery e.g a book puppet.

muppetgirl Wed 02-Jul-08 19:34:54

Just to let you know I lived with 4 other teachers after graduation and we had a round table in the living room that was HEAPED in chocolates at Christmas and the end of the year. We were so desperate to get rid of the chocolate we had anyone visiting got it given to them, even the take away man took some away.

Keep it small and personal; ask your dc what their teacher would like. I got an ice scraper form one of my children (the mother was mortified though grin) as we'd had a poetry lesson on ‘Winter’ and I'd talked about scraping the ice off my windscreen with a cd case as that's all I had. I used that red ice scraper for years!!! I asked ds what he would like to give his teacher and he said 'a yellow pen so she can draw her suns' I will buy this from him and write a note. I've made the cushion for being a neurotic teacher/parent who found it tough being on the 'other side' grin

Helsbels4 Wed 02-Jul-08 19:38:28

When my ds left infants school, we made a memory box full of photos from school, funny stories about his teachers & friends etc. His teacher said it was the nicest gift she had ever been given (don't think she was lying) hmm. We also gave his teacher and ta a decorated plant pot with some forget-me-not seeds. Sounds a bit gushy now I come to think of it but his teacher & ta were both so lovely that wanted to make an effort.

tyaca Wed 02-Jul-08 19:42:49

wine wine wine. or whiskey. dh is a teacher and we are already cracking into the first bottle of single malt to come our way.

ScoobyDoo Wed 02-Jul-08 19:45:19

It was organised at ds's school for the children all to draw a picture on an A5 piece of paper & we paid £2 each, they are making a calendar which will have the childrens pictures with there names underneath on them, each teacher is going to get one.

MyDingaling Wed 02-Jul-08 19:51:35

Last year I got a gnome from a girl in my class. I have never been a gnome person but I love it!

Jajas Wed 02-Jul-08 19:54:22

My twins have a male form teacher and I gave him vouchers from Waterstones and he did appear to be quite pleased with them.

Chocolate and biscuits just strike me as a bit predictable and not great if said teacher or TA is on a diet grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now