Does anyone have any long term phonics planning that they would share?

(6 Posts)
PhoneTVRadio Tue 16-Feb-21 13:11:27

Oh how I miss TES.

I’m probably moving to teach year 1 or reception next year, but I haven’t taught ks1 for a the last 7 years. I've lost my planning. I have resources upon resources (and there's lots out there). What I'm missing is the 'what' and the 'when'. Does anyone have anything like this. I found the phonicsplay old plans, but they refer to resources that I can find anywhere.

OP’s posts: |
Margaritawithlime Tue 16-Feb-21 13:14:47

What about something like this www.redwood.lincs.sch.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=14&type=pdf

Feenie Tue 16-Feb-21 13:21:16

The teaching sequence and pace depend on what your school's chosen phonics scheme is - you have to show total fidelity to whatever that is.

Feenie Tue 16-Feb-21 13:25:01

For example, the above school have chosen Letters and Sounds (popular, but non-resourced) - that document has been around since 2005, very easy to find. But you need to know what your school uses.

soyabean Tue 16-Feb-21 13:55:30

We use Phonicsplay as the basis, and make our own smart board files etc. It follows l and s with detailed daily plans. A godsend! I think it’s about £20 per year and well worth it.

Norestformrz Tue 16-Feb-21 16:11:43

As Feenie says your starting point needs to be the school's chosen phonics programme hopefully they have something robust in place to support.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in