Talk

Advanced search

MOVING TO LINGFIELD HELP

(6 Posts)
SARAQDK83 Sat 31-Oct-20 20:12:44

Hi everyone,

We currently live in London and, after much research, we've found a lovely house in Lingfield. As we don't know anyone in the area can someone let me know if it's a safe and nice place to raise young kids, are there any area we should avoid? Also we are thinking to send them to Lingfield College, any feedback on that?
Thanks so much!!

OP’s posts: |
ZiggysPFrow Sat 31-Oct-20 20:25:04

Hello!

Lingfield college is very good, your children will be happy there.

We are just outside Lingfield and I personally don't know of any areas to avoid. There's a good local Facebook group that might be more helpful than me. It's called something like Lingfield Village News or try Lingfield Mums

SARAQDK83 Sat 31-Oct-20 20:30:46

Thanks a lot!!!

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Mon 02-Nov-20 13:39:39

Lingfield is right on the flight pasty into Gatwick, isn’t it? Not a problem if you were ok with the noise before lockdown but sth to consider if Lingfield is a more recent idea.

JoJoSM2 Mon 02-Nov-20 13:39:59

pasty=path

KSHE22 Wed 04-Nov-20 22:42:00

We moved to the village 2 years ago and are pleased. It is under the flight path, which can be noisy, but you soon don’t notice it. Our youngest is at the nursery at Lingfield College and it’s fantastic. So much so that we are likely to be moving our eldest from the local Primary school to there after Christmas. Lovely environment, great staff - really supportive and happy environment. Good luck with the move!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in