Talk

Advanced search

Fair Treatment of Kent and Medway Test 11+ Results

(4 Posts)
KentTestConcerned Thu 22-Oct-20 15:53:07

Due to the exceptional circumstances of the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Kent and Medway tests were later than normal this year.

Medway extended its deadline for submitting school preferences to 30/Nov, so parents would know their results before choosing schools, but Kent didn't - their cut off date is 2/Nov, but their results dont come out until 26/Nov.
This means that you have to hedge your bets and apply blind to Kent schools this year.

In an email exchange with KCC, they have revealed to me that you can CHANGE your school preferences after their "deadline" and up to 11/Dec (two weeks after their "deadline") by emailing kentonlineadmissions@kent.gov.uk. This means that you CAN make an INFORMED school choice, knowing the 11+ results for your child.

Most parents will be blissfully unaware of this, as it is outside of the normal system, and not mentioned on their website.

If the real deadline is 11/Dec, why dont KCC come clean and publicise this to ALL parents ?

OP’s posts: |
zeebree Thu 22-Oct-20 21:26:13

This is important for those who live in Kent! Thank you for posting!

Whatafool123 Wed 28-Oct-20 21:40:41

Something similar is also being done in Bromley and Bexley so it is worth checking all boroughs with selective exams.

Panicmode1 Fri 30-Oct-20 12:33:33

Thank you for this. I didnt know they would allow this, although we've just put them in genuine order of preference based on an 11+ pass followed by the non selective ones.....so I'm not sure it would really make a big difference?! Or maybe I'm missing something.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in