Difference between Tapestry and Class Dojo?

(7 Posts)
Spudlet Fri 25-Sep-20 16:41:36

DS has just started reception, and we’ve been asked to sign up to both. We only got the links to do so yesterday and today respectively, so haven’t had much chance to look at either one yet, although Tapestry had some pics on it this afternoon, which is nice. What’s the difference between them? I’m not totally sure if I’m expected to do anything with them beyond looking at them? I did accidentally give DS a reading point on Class Dojo, but not sure how or what this actually means grin

OP’s posts: |
Winecheesesleep Fri 25-Sep-20 16:50:36

I accidentally gave a reading point on Dojo too! Dojo at our school is what they use to award points for good behaviour, and for my Y3 DC they also assign homework on there.

Tapestry is where they give information about what they've done and put pictures on there. They use this for my reception aged DC and it's really useful for seeing what they get up to. They didn't have it for my older DC and I know much more about what's going on this time!

Spudlet Fri 25-Sep-20 16:53:22

Oh I see - so dojo’s a bit more about things for us to be doing then? Whereas Tapestry is more something for me to look at, but won’t necessarily have things we need to do.

Glad I’m not the only accidental points assigner grin

MrsZola Sat 26-Sep-20 09:11:58

Tapestry is your child's learning journey in early years. Their teacher will be uploading pictures etc of what he/she does throughout the year. This is evidence of learning, progress, and will help inform their data and planning. We also encourage parents to upload stuff they do at home with children - not necessarily academic, but the family life type of things, activities and achievements we won't see at school. Things like taking part in family gatherings - might be online these days, swimming, dancing etc. It's a requirement if the Early Years Foundation Profile that teacher jydgements of development are also informed by the evudence tgat parents share so that we get a picture of the whole child, not just the time at school.

MrsZola Sat 26-Sep-20 09:12:42

Apologies for the typos 😳

Spudlet Sat 26-Sep-20 11:26:09

Oh that’s interesting - we haven’t been asked to add anything from home but they do a weekly show and tell session so perhaps they’ll get their home information from that?

I can’t believe the number of emails and texts and notifications we’ve been getting from the school so far I must say - hoping it will calm down a little as we all get settled in shockgrin

Spudlet Sat 26-Sep-20 11:26:55

Thank you for the info, @Winecheesesleep and @MrsZola smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in