Westbourne Primary vs Cheam Park Farm Primary

(6 Posts)
UMESH1 Fri 11-Sep-20 20:46:08

Hi All - I am looking to rent in Sutton. My reason for choosing the area was schools. I liked Westbourne Primary and Cheam Park Farm . I am more inclined to Westbourne due to reasonable rental, proximity to train station and other amenities.

I however need help before, i make my final decision. I would like my kids to go to Grammar school (if they have the aptitude) and therefore would like to choose a primary that will help prepare for the same.

My elder one will be going to year 4, so i really do not have anytime for test & trail. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who knows the area to help me make the right decision.

OP’s posts: |
Quartz2208 Fri 11-Sep-20 20:51:55

I live in the area and state primaries dont do anything to help for the Sutton Grammar tests. They have no involvement at all.

UMESH1 Sun 13-Sep-20 12:42:31

Thanks Quartz - so, you mean it doesn’t really matter which primary I go for ; of course as far as it’s a decent one!

OP’s posts: |
Quartz2208 Sun 13-Sep-20 16:58:48

No my DD started Nonsuch High School and most of the local schools have between 2-4 pupils going so it is fairly evenly mixed

SwatiArora Wed 25-Nov-20 00:52:24

In the same situation as you. We would be moving to Sutton in two weeks, mainly for schools. Our house is within the catchment of both Westbourne and Cheam park. My LO would be starting reception next year. Very confused as to which school to be put as first preference. Have you made a decision?

monkeysmum21 Sat 12-Dec-20 23:05:07

My kids go to Westbourne and I'm very, very happy with the school. It is a school that works in the High Performance Learning framework. I expect my daughter to go to Nonsuch, even if they don't particularly prepare her for this (as many other girls has done before). The only downside is the after school clubs. There is very little offer, but I guess in 2020 this doesn't make any difference as its the same everywhere.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in