Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

unfairness for football club

(8 Posts)
dayofftomorrow Fri 05-Oct-07 19:45:29

The school had to cut back on numbers attending the after school football training due to lack of helpers, ds was chosen but many of his friends who are much better players weren't. In fact all of his class who wanted to attend were picked but only a couple from the other class were.
They could all go if there was another helper - none of the teachers run the club. Should they be involved? I do feel like not letting DS go as the whole system is unfair at this stage of the year they should do alternate weeks so everyone could have a go

peskipixie Fri 05-Oct-07 19:47:57

i dont hink the better players should automatically be picked. you dont say how they chose the ones who could go, if it was random then its fair. maybe a parent could be convinced to help out and the problem would be solved

dayofftomorrow Fri 05-Oct-07 19:50:07

they always pick kids from just the one class out of the two

peskipixie Fri 05-Oct-07 19:51:03

but they chose them from the other class aswell?

dayofftomorrow Fri 05-Oct-07 19:52:58

one or two just to make up the numbers

saffy202 Fri 05-Oct-07 20:26:50

The fairest way would be to pick names out of a hat, why just pick from 1 class?

However ds2's school give priority to those who already played for a team on a weekend, which I couldn't understand as surely it would be better to let in those who never get the chance to play. Not sour grapes as ds2 does, so automatically got in but I found it a strange logic.

coppertop Fri 05-Oct-07 21:28:17

Will the same children be playing all year or will they swap over at the end of term?

It sounds unfair but the teachers may have other committments at the end of the school day, eg collecting their own children from school. Maybe, as Peskipixie suggests, another parent could help.

coppertop Fri 05-Oct-07 21:29:19

I mean the method of choosing children seems unfair, not the lack of teachers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now