Talk

Advanced search

School

(4 Posts)
Mirb Thu 20-Aug-20 08:49:33

Hi all, my little girl starts school in Sep 2021. We live in Oakenshaw South, Redditch. I wanted to ask which schools kids from this area go to? Thank you. smile

OP’s posts: |
NicNoc1000 Thu 20-Aug-20 10:04:16

Good Morning,
Appreciate some input with an A-level concern. Son achieved a high B in mock and B in coursework in Media which he wants to study at Uni next year. His centre assessed grade was submitted by the school as a C due to moderation and I was told that overall they felt their sixth form grades as a whole were a bit high and they didn’t want them coming back to re- grade! His teacher is very experienced and was telling him he was online for a B. He’s feeling hard done by - do we have any route to potentially change this ? In the first publication of results he was told he could appeal based on his mock but that changed when they switched to Centre grades.
Thanks in advance.

GolfForBrains Thu 20-Aug-20 14:38:04

Hi NicNoc - you have put this as a reply to someone else's post, and in the primary education section so I don't think those who might be able to help will see it. I have reported to see if it can be moved but you might just want to repost in secondary education section?

NicNoc1000 Thu 20-Aug-20 15:38:16

Oh whoops. Thank you very much. Kind of you to take the time and let me know. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in