Talk

Advanced search

twin playdates

(6 Posts)
DeedeeD Thu 04-Oct-07 10:43:18

I invite children around to play with my twins on a regular basis. But I find I don't get as many playdate offers. I have a sneaky suspicion that it is because the other parents don't want to take two children at once. I have suggested that only one twin goes on a playdate at a time but this still hasn't improved things much. Any other twin parents found this a problem?

MarsLady Thu 04-Oct-07 10:45:03

Not yet! I hope it improves for you.

Come join us on the d'y ever thread. Lots of multiple mums there.

Meeely2 Thu 04-Oct-07 10:48:02

we haven't got to the playdate phase yet, but i'm sure we will and tbh i'm not sure how i would expect people to react. I think I am hoping my boys will have a different circle of friends each so will be invited seperately.

hippipotami Thu 04-Oct-07 11:08:55

Ds is very friendly with 2 twin girls. One of them is in his class.
He has asked for them both to come to tea. I am more than happy with that - I can't see how it can be more work?

Mind you, we are talking about 8 year olds, perhaps it would be harder with smaller children?

triplets Thu 04-Oct-07 21:42:15

Hi,
This is a hard one, my three are almost 10, and Rebecca being the only girl gets invited to friends quite often, but the boys are lucky if its once a year! I have really made a point of saying its ok to just have one, they each have their own friends, but it still doesn`t happen, What does happen is that they all come here, to make it up to the boys, but its not the same as being asked somewhere else. Such a shame for them and they feel it badly. Of course also I get to dread it when Rebecca has yet another invite and I have to tell the boys! It usually costs me an expensive trip to town with them to make up!

triplets Thu 04-Oct-07 21:43:27

DeedeeD,
Are you American?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: