Talk

Advanced search

i don't suppose anyone works at or their kids go to pedmore c of e??

(12 Posts)
nappyaddict Sun 30-Sep-07 19:42:31

i was wondering if it is a very oversubscribed school or not you see.

Littlefish Sun 30-Sep-07 19:47:54

Hi nappyaddict

I know that it was in the list of top 2000 schools a year or so ago, so I suspect it will be very popular.

Don't know for sure though. Phone the school and ask!

nappyaddict Sun 30-Sep-07 19:56:00

if i phone them will they tell me roughly how close you normally have to live? i didn't know if they would give out that info.

i know we are a while off schools but i'm hoping to move soon and want to move somewhere where we will have a good chance of getting ds in there cos i know its a very good school.

Littlefish Sun 30-Sep-07 20:03:53

It depends what their intake policy is - they may take SEN/Looked after children first, then siblings, then church goers etc. That may almost fill their allocation. I've got no idea, I'm just speculating by the way!

They may be able to tell you what happens now, but that's no guarantee that it will be the same in 3 years time.

I completely understand your dilemma!

Give them a call and have a chat.

nappyaddict Sun 30-Sep-07 20:21:12

i looked at the admissions policy and it actually didnt say anything about church goers hmm but it did say looked after children then sen then siblings first.

Butkin Sun 30-Sep-07 20:23:25

Sorry can't help you with your question but it brought back happy memories because I lived in Redlake Road and all the mummies used to pick up their kids from outside our house. Never seen Pedmore mentioned on a forum before! We used to go to their school fete and it always seemed very well run.

Littlefish Mon 01-Oct-07 06:56:34

Butkin, are you still local?

stickyj Mon 01-Oct-07 07:13:07

I used to live in the pointy triangle house on the main road, just opposite the little shop!

nappyaddict Mon 01-Oct-07 07:32:03

where do you live now stickyj?

EmmaJW1976 Mon 01-Oct-07 16:11:40

Hi Nappyaddict

I've just had the dudley school admissions booklet come through as my little one is starting full time Sept 08.

Pedmore has 30 places a year but has 46-47 put it down as first choice.

It doesn't mention being church goers etc for that school although it does for the other C of E, RC schools. It goes by the usual: special needs, siblings, distance type thing.

It is a lovely school. My son was christened at the church it is part of but it was just too far for me to take him every day (if ever the car broke down!).

Good luck!

Butkin Mon 01-Oct-07 23:04:30

Littlefish - no we used to live at 2 Redlake Drive - but moved to Newmarket in Suffolk

nappyaddict Tue 02-Oct-07 00:25:53

so we need to live very close to get in then i would imagine.

what about church of the ascension in wall heath?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now