Talk

Advanced search

Horrid Whiteboard marker pens!

(10 Posts)
Seasider Sat 22-Sep-07 08:22:42

Does anyone know of pens that can work on the whiteboards that children use, and are WASHABLE! DD has just started reception and DS is now in Y3 and I am jiggered if their sweatshirts get ruined by indelible black pens AGAIN. Any ideas? Thanks

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Sat 22-Sep-07 08:34:41

You can get stain devils for marker pen, they're good.

Smithagain Sat 22-Sep-07 08:49:06

Will watch this thread with interest.

DD only got her new whiteboard two days ago ... she is so impressed and I am so not impressed by the long black line on her back, presumably caused by one of her little mates waving a pen around with gay abandon.

Give em all slate and chalk, I say. It comes to the same thing!

wheresthehamster Sat 22-Sep-07 11:29:21

Aaargh! The thought of being in the classroom with 30 chalks scratching on slates. I'm handing in my notice NOW!!

wheresthehamster Sat 22-Sep-07 11:32:45

Smithagain - presumably you made a fuss about the line on her back because it's akin to a hanging offence in our yr1 class if anyone remotely goes near another child's clothing with a whiteboard pen.

Smithagain Sat 22-Sep-07 16:33:58

Thanks hamster ... I only noticed it after we got home on Friday. I wasn't going to mention it, but might put a note in her home contact book if there is any chance the teacher might talk to them about it.

But is the sound of slate preferable to the smell of marker pen???? They must be high as kites by the end of the day.

Come to think of it ... they are high as kites at the end of the day hmm grin

wheresthehamster Sat 22-Sep-07 16:41:58

Yes, the smell is the only thing that gets me through the day...... grin

If I was you I would take the item of clothing in to show her and mention that you'd rather it didn't happen again.

Reallytired Sat 22-Sep-07 21:28:02

Well, a state school cannot force your child to wear over priced school sweatshirts. Get ones in a suitable colour from somewhere like Tescos or Asda. Then at £2 who cares if they get covered in black ink.

Reception is often very messy with paint, food etc. etc.

pointydog Sat 22-Sep-07 21:46:30

whiteboard pens are well-known as being abugger to get out of clothes.

Seasider Sun 23-Sep-07 09:49:32

Thanks DanceswiththeMorningOff for the idea on stain masters will give it a try. It's precisely because the school sweatshirts cost what they do that I mind, and everyone has them and we are a community primary school!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: