Advice on online lockdown resources for kids - Free - No Ads - No Nagging

(4 Posts)
razor1911 Tue 05-May-20 10:48:17

Fist time poster. Hello! We are getting through homeschooling more or less ok, but afterwards, with a small garden and grey skies we're struggling. The reality is that our kids are spending half the day on screens, which I don't realistically feel we can stop. What we want are resources which are wholesome, educational and entertaining without all these horrible ads, notifications, and nagging to buy stuff. I suppose I'm talking about online games, stories, puzzles, videos and the like. Can anyone out there help? Thank you!!!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 05-May-20 10:57:05

what age of dc is it for? The BBC iPlayer Kids app is good, and the curious george app bundle if your dc aren't too old for it x

razor1911 Tue 05-May-20 12:06:49

Children are primary school age. Many thanks sleepismysuperpower1 - I will try those.

OP’s posts: |
Duckchick Tue 05-May-20 22:32:44

Are they interested in science / how things work? If they are have a look at Maddie and Greg go live on YouTube. They have been doing a daily 30 min show with a topic a week (so 5 shows a week). Previous themes have included things like dinosaurs and space. They generally have 1 or 2 suggestions of one or two things to make which my kids love and we make at least 2-3 of a week. The shadow theatre from one of last week's shows (made from an Amazon box and a bit of greaseproof paper) filled a whole afternoon and saved my sanity for a day. They are having the week off this week but the previous episodes are all still available and they are back next week with a theme of oceans.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in