Talk

Advanced search

Wanting to move dc to a different school

(3 Posts)
drownininplaymobil Wed 01-Apr-20 16:51:48

Hi everyone,

We have been dissatisfied with our dc's school since last summer for various reasons. Tried to work through some of the issues, have seen some improvements but also new concerns which seem to be insurmountable.

We made the decision about a month ago to start the process of applying for a place elsewhere. We booked a few visits into other local schools and managed to visit one of these before schools shut.

Now in our second week of 'homeschooling', I am convinced more than ever that we need to move them but obviously this is going to be a much more difficult process.

How can we make a decision about where to apply if we can't even visit the schools? Would we be doing our dc a disservice by moving them now and potentially not allowing them time for goodbyes to their classmates? Or will there be so much disruption that it won't matter because everything will be different anyway?

I know that this is a fairly minor concern in the grand scheme of things, but we had agonised over this decision at great length and now it feels like the choice may have been taken away from us.

What would you do in this situation please?

OP’s posts: |
Mimosa1 Wed 01-Apr-20 16:54:24

Hi OP, not the same thing but we're considering doing the same for our DC's nursery so one more convenient for drop offs. I figure there's going to be distribution anyway so now is as good time as any though admittedly my child is much younger.

ClownsAndJokers Wed 01-Apr-20 16:55:06

Wait till schools go back then make any decisions needed.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in