Talk

Advanced search

Falkner house girls

(8 Posts)
Lolakath19 Mon 09-Mar-20 15:06:56

Hi all,
does anyone know how FHG year 6 results look like this year?

Thanks a lot

OP’s posts: |
MMmomDD Mon 09-Mar-20 21:35:01

Why?
It’s a school with a consistent track record. Each year results can vary up and down.
What’s special about this year results?

Lolakath19 Mon 09-Mar-20 22:10:23

Good evening MMMomDD. I am a prospective parent and interested how the girls did this year. Last year was quite spectacular smile

MMmomDD Mon 09-Mar-20 22:56:54

Result always fluctuate. Stellar years may or may not be repeated next year. Its true for all schools in the area - FH, G, KP, Bute.
And results difference year on year doesn’t mean that the school suddenly became better or worse.
Kids in these schools are selected very young, and it’s imprecise, so there is a lot of variation in abilities in classes year on year.
So - as a prospective parent - the exact numbers are only relevant somewhat.

FH is a good school for a right child, and a right parent. So are the other ‘academic’ schools in the area.

MMmomDD Mon 09-Mar-20 22:58:02

But if you must know - FH normally publishes results quite early. So all will soon be revealed.

Lolakath19 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:21:53

I don t understand why people are getting so offended when we discuss school results. it is like it was a taboo subject. Of course you will not based your decision solely on the Y6 exam results but lets be honest for some parents it is important. FH like KPS, Glendower, Bute is an amazing school and results will vary from year to year as it is very much based on the strength of the cohort and other schools cohort.

MMmomDD Tue 10-Mar-20 15:28:05

Offended?
I was merely asking why ask now when the results will be soon punished.
If your DD is starting in sept - you aren’t likely withdraw her now, irrespective of results.
Maybe I’ve been in a primary preps age stage too long and so can’t get excited or bothered with the annual results comparisons between the usual suspects.

ListeningQuietly Tue 10-Mar-20 15:32:05

In a very small school (IIRC Falkner House has less than 30 per year) the statistical noise between result years will be far greater than any impact the teachers have.

If your child is about to start there, worry about their end of school results in a few years time when your child will have the same teachers as the kids taking tests.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in