Talk

Advanced search

How to find a local maths tutor

(8 Posts)
purplepandas Wed 19-Feb-20 10:45:27

Hi,

Has anyone got any good ideas about how to find a good maths tutor. I have obviously googled but the local sites don't bring up anything helpful and the tutor websites seem quite generic. Just looking for confidence boosting tutoring, I bloody hate the stupid three second timetable work atm.

Not really sure who to ask/where to look. Not on FB either but maybe I will have to rejoin to ask.

Thanks
PP

OP’s posts: |
XelaM Thu 20-Feb-20 00:06:21

Where are yoi? I know a few in north London

purplepandas Thu 20-Feb-20 17:08:52

Thanks so much @XeleM, I appreciate it. Am SW sadly but kind of you to reply.

FanSpamTastic Thu 20-Feb-20 17:13:19

DD is using a tutor through the MyTutor website - this is for an A Level subject. She has found it very helpful. It's a web based session.

purplepandas Thu 20-Feb-20 17:15:59

Thanks @FanSpamTastic, will check it out. Glad it is working out for your daughter.

HomeMadeMadness Fri 21-Feb-20 12:12:59

If it's for primary aged I'd avoid online if possible. Ask on Facebook, also try TutorHunt - you can search and contact local tutors but have to pay the site if you want their contact info or to arrange an actual session.

GreenTulips Fri 21-Feb-20 12:15:07

You can message local schools to see if any teachers tutor

purplepandas Mon 24-Feb-20 20:57:45

Thank you @HomeMadeMadness and @GreenTulips. I was keen to avoid online if I could too. Managed to find one via a friend who works at another school. Good call and thanks again people flowers.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in