Talk

Advanced search

Late application primary school

(5 Posts)
sadiashah8 Wed 22-Jan-20 12:15:13

I’m very worried about submitting my application 4 days late for primary school in reception. My older son already attend that school but I’m extremely worried that my younger would get a place or not. They say they would consider late application after 16 April the offer day. . Any one has been through this horrible experience!!! I’m not able to forgive myself to submit it late as I forgot in the extended family commitments 😔

OP’s posts: |
champagneandfromage50 Wed 22-Jan-20 12:20:31

I submitted a late application for sought after secondary and my DS was still offered a place. Good luck

EduCated Wed 22-Jan-20 12:43:18

It very much depends on how oversubscribed the school, and others around, are. If it is typically undersubscribed then you may well be lucky and get the school you want.

If it is oversubscribed, or other schools nearby generally are, then you won’t.

Without knowing the exact situation for you locally, would still suggest you prepare yourself for the very real possibility that you won’t get the school you want initially. However, you will likely be fairly near the top of the waiting list, if not number 1, and there is often movement between offers and September as people move or take up private school places.

Fingers crossed for you!

sadiashah8 Wed 22-Jan-20 14:02:10

Many thanks for your replies.

OP’s posts: |
viques Thu 23-Jan-20 13:07:49

sadia if you are offered another school then accept the place. If you reject it then

A) the local authority will NOT automatically offer you an alternative.
B) at least your child will have a place for September. If push comes to shove you don't have to send them there, in fact, if your child is a late birthday you could ask for the place to be deferred until after Christmas 2020 which means you would have longer chance of a place coming up at the school you want.

So , if it happens, firstly accept the place offered , then make sure your child is placed on the waiting list for the school you really want. If you have a sibling there, and live close there is a good chance you will get a place before September.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in