Talk

Advanced search

Boys who don’t play football at breaktimes

(5 Posts)
Sausagepickle123 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:18:29

What do they play or do? DS, 9, hates football. He says all the boys just want to play football at lunchtime and he won’t. Just trying to think of some ideas to help him. (I don’t think he’s being bullied or excluded just struggling to find something to do that he wants to do as well).

OP’s posts: |
MotherForkinShirtBalls Wed 11-Sep-19 13:24:52

Ds plays football the odd day but he usually plays Minecraft or Pokemon with a couple of the others who are as obsessed as he is.

Ellapaella Wed 11-Sep-19 13:33:48

My eldest was always playing football at lunch but my middle Ds (who is 8) has no interest. He just messes around with his friends at play time - They have play/outdoor gym equipment in the playground and I think they play about on that.

BringMoreCoffee Wed 11-Sep-19 14:48:58

There are couple of groups who play variations on tag. The blessing of a big school I guess - with 90 in the year group there are always some who aren't into football.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Wed 11-Sep-19 18:01:31

Just realised I didn't explain ds's games well...they run around pretending to be various characters and make a den in a corner or spy on or set "booby traps" for the team, rather than playing on screens or with cards.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in