Changing schools

(3 Posts)
dawncmg Wed 28-Aug-19 13:43:57

Hello!

I am just after a bit of advice really, if anyone has been through something similar?

We applied to change schools for my son in June - he will be going in to Year 4. We received communication from the council in which i was asked to provide proof of address. ( This has been provided so now it is just a bit of waiting game for confirmation on date etc.)

His current school doesn't go back until next week, and the new school has already gone back. My question is, does he need to go back to the school we are moving him from, for a matter of weeks to then take him out, or are we able to keep him off until his new start date? (we would still provide an education from home in this time)

My concern is that with it already being a big change, the added disruption of going back to the old school, then taking him out again will only add to the stress. I haven't been able to find any info when I have had a look into it, so just wondered whether anyone had been through something similar?

Many Thanks in advance
Dawn.

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:33:30

Do you even know if the new school has a space to take him?

BubblesBuddy Thu 29-Aug-19 16:27:02

I would phone up the school you applied to and see if the application has been agreed or not. Something might have been held up or you might not have been notified of the decision. The Head of the new school should be in the loop.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in