Talk

Advanced search

4+ preparation

(4 Posts)
Monkies7 Sun 28-Jul-19 23:41:13

Hi all, my DD will be going through the 4+ in January and I want to help prepare her (gently rather than intensively) for what she may be asked to do. She doesn’t go to nursery so all the prep will be done from home (we don’t want to go down the tutoring road). There’s a lot of useful tips on previous posts which are great but I just wanted some more specific help. For example, one of the things she may be asked to do is listen to a story and answer questions about it. We do read together at home but I just wanted to ask if anyone has suggestions for books that would be good to read for a 3 year old.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for any particular puzzles, games or toys or any other “fun” things that will also serve the purpose of prepping her?

Many thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Yookytooky Tue 30-Jul-19 16:15:41

Hi, does your DC go to any nursery type setting at all? Ime, your DC will be more at ease if they are used to the environment with lots of other children around and no parents/adults they know well.

CruCru Tue 30-Jul-19 19:47:42

One thing that may help is giving her money in a shop and getting her to ask the shopkeeper for what she wants and pay them herself. Any interaction with an unfamiliar adult will be helpful.

Monkies7 Tue 30-Jul-19 23:04:09

Thank you. She will be starting a few mornings at nursery soon with the aim of getting her used to doing things with unfamiliar people but as there’ll only be a few months between starting nursery and doing the assessments I want to do a little prep with her at home too.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in