Talk

Advanced search

Primary schools around Victoria Park

(7 Posts)
Nagore Wed 24-Jul-19 07:08:31

Hi all,
I am coming back to London after 2 years of humanitarian mission and would like to settle down around Victoria Park. My children will be 6y and 3y old by then and I would need a good primary school in the area to apply for a place from overseas, which will be challenging. Which are your recommended primary schools in that area and why? Thanks for your help!!!!

OP’s posts: |
imip Wed 24-Jul-19 07:11:05

You cannot apply for a place overseas, you must be living in the area to apply. Unless you choose private, and then the option is Gatehouse.

Zinnia Wed 24-Jul-19 09:54:20

Lauriston is the one I know of, DN is there and the family are very happy with it. Whenever I've been there it seems like a lovely school.

JoJoSM2 Wed 24-Jul-19 15:13:40

www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england

You can find out more about state schools on the website above.

In terms of getting a 6yo in, it’ll be an ‘in-year’ admission. You’ll need to find out from the local authority which schools have vacancies and choose out of those. Desirable schools are likely to be full up.

Zinnia Wed 24-Jul-19 19:34:31

A 6yo will be going into year 2 in September and that's a low birth rate year. Some desirable schools may be full (mainly the one form entry ones) but many will have spaces in that year. You should speak to Hackney admissions @Nagore to find out which schools have vacancies.

JoJoSM2 Wed 24-Jul-19 20:46:38

www.learningtrust.co.uk/content/making-an-in-year-application?guidebook=193

OP, I’ve just found this link for you. You can download a list of available vacancies from there. It looks like there are quite a few places available and you could take it from there.

Sjk74 Thu 25-Jul-19 12:27:21

Hi Mossbourne riverside academy is an amazing school and is not far from Victoria park. Call the school first and they will advise you on how to apply for a place. Good luck x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in