Talk

Advanced search

Guernsey Primary Schools

(2 Posts)
Rockingaround Sat 20-Jul-19 13:25:30

Hello ladies I’m looking for some advice. My family and I are British and are hoping to locate to Guernsey from Canada. My kids are 2, 6 and 9. The education system here is a year behind so I fear that they will need space and support to catch up. One of the reasons we are returning is our concerns for their education. My son is 6 and very bright (he can speak French as we have spent the last two years in New Brunswick) but cannot read or write, we wonder if he may have dyslexia and potential attention difficulties. I need your advice on the best school in Guernsey that have the resources to provide a good fit for my kids. My daughter is 9 and is very bright but would be effectively a year behind. I’m not sure of the system in Guernsey as we are originally from London. We are not an affluent family but we would compromise on our house cost if private education was our only option in Guernsey, personally I am not a fan of private schools and feel a state school with a really good learning support team would be wonderful, I just don’t know where or how to find this information. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
FriendofDorothy Sun 20-Oct-19 22:18:44

Hi. Surprised no-one has replied to you.

Educational access in Guernsey is determined by where you live - unless you pay privately then your children will go to the school in whose catchment you reside. All of the primary schools are excellent and if there are additional needs then they will liase with other services, such as those who may diagnose special educational needs,

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in