Millennium Primary School Greenwich

(6 Posts)
DBV532 Tue 09-Jul-19 20:31:26

Hello, we're considering moving to the Greenwich Millennium Village and enroll in the Millennium Primary School. It was Outstanding in 2015 but no update since. Anyone from the area who can share their experience? How's the school? Is it worth buying into the Village or do you recommend other schools in Greenwich? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Wed 10-Jul-19 12:01:02

I don't know the school personally but it doesn't impress with numbers at all...

www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/143211/millennium-primary-school/primary

DarlingOscar Wed 10-Jul-19 12:06:42

Meh. the numbers for this year look a bit low -but the previous two years are far higher. With smaller schools you have to look at the bigger picture not just the last 12 months?

The Executive Head is amazing and the school site seems v attractive?

Halstow has traditionally been the 'best' school in Greenwich but has a v small catchment and house prices nearby reflect this.

JoJoSM2 Wed 10-Jul-19 12:34:23

I've just looked at the previous years and so surprised how much the school has gone downhill in just 2 years! shock

OP, have you been round to quiz them on what the heck is going on there?

DBV532 Wed 10-Jul-19 13:54:51

The tour dates are booked out for the year but will try and arrange a viewing.

It's a lovely area with a park. New builds are coming up and people are moving in. Greenwich is amazing but the school rating is oddly confusing for everything around it!

Any local knowledge would be really helpful!

OP’s posts: |
TypsTrycks Thu 11-Jul-19 22:20:03

Have you looked at the new St Mary Magdalene school in the peninsula? All the parents in the area seem to be opting for that as first choice. I am sure the results at Millennium will continue to reflect this.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in