Talk

Advanced search

Prep schools in Wimbledon - advice needed

(5 Posts)
bumpitybumpbump Tue 25-Jun-19 08:15:06

Does anyone have experience of prep schools in Wimbledon? I have a boy and a girl? I don't want a church/catholic school. All experiences and thoughts gratefully recurved. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Polyjuice Tue 25-Jun-19 13:32:15

Well Willington is going to take girls from September and be 11+ if you are dead set on co ed - most Wimbledon schools are single sex.
Most have a Christian foundation too.

jharringford Tue 25-Jun-19 17:55:03

I suggest you to search an school with The Good Schools Guide, where you can introduce the place and then with the advanced search you can find an school that fits you.

Otherwise, if you are looking for an independent school go to the page of the Independent Schools Council and then select find an school. There you can enter the place, ages, faiths, and many things.

User260486 Wed 26-Jun-19 08:50:50

Wimbledon does not have independent co-ed prep schools (rowans is pre-prep only), Prospect house in Putney is probably the closest. Parents would be looking at WHS juniors with the hope to continue into seniors for girls, or Squirrels for boys with the hope to get into Kings. As for schools that go to 11, Donhead is catholic, so not what you are looking for, then there is Willington for boys (which is converting to co-ed), and Study for girls. There is also Hall school, but opinions are divided on this one.

bumpitybumpbump Thu 27-Jun-19 12:09:59

Thank you so much!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in